Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Lemon Poppy Seed Loaf {Gluten Free, Paleo}

Lemon poppy seed muffins make me think of coffee chops, brunch, Sunday get together's with people. I'm trying out new ways to bake, gluten free and paleo, and found this recipe. Using coconut flour to bake has been different, but not a total failure! Everything I make, I end up eating because the hubby doesn't like coconut flavor. So this was a perfect little snack and breakfast go-to for me. 

Next time, I'll use lemon zest & maybe some fresh lemon juice. I also want to experiment with almond flour. This wasn't lemon-y enough for my liking. The coconut flour tends to "soak" up all of the moist ingredients but this turned out very moist and did have a slight coconut flavor to it. This recipe was listed as Gluten Free and Paleo. 

{Found on my Instagram}


Ingredients
1/3 cup coconut flour, sifted
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
4 eggs
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 tsp lemon zest
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
2 tsp poppy seeds
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. Place all dry ingredients except poppy seeds in a bowl and mix to combine. Combine wet ingredients except coconut oil in a separate bowl and add to dry ingredients and mix well with a hand mixer. Pour coconut oil in slowly, and mix by hand. Stir in poppy seeds. Spray pan with non-stick spray. I used coconut oil spray. Bake for 20-25 min, or until golden brown and center springs back when pressed. Let cool and devour slowly. 
If making muffins, this makes 6 muffins. I made into 2 small loaves.

No comments: