Saturday, April 18, 2009

Char's first storm chase


So Thursday, April 16th was my first chance to really storm chase. I had a blast, even though we didn't see much of anything besides some rain clouds and fast moving storms. It was a great road trip nonetheless with some great friends! Kim and I got to tag along with Tony Laubach and we drove all over southeastern Colorado. We went as far as Las Animas, CO where we met up with some other chasers. The overall day was pretty back and forth for severe weather, ie Tornadoes, but there was some good conditions setting up coming up from Texas. Most of the prime settings fizzled out due to the increased moisture in the area. Oh well, it was still fun and I had a blast!

Keep your eyes peeled for more weather updates, as I love doing this! Especially as we approach Hurricane season and for Space Weather news!

No comments: