Sunday, February 24, 2013

Month of Numbers & A Challenge

As done in previous months, I've tried to keep up with a fitness challenge. The other day while out running, this one came to me. 

How about a Numbers Challenge? Being the science geek I am, I know that March is the month of "Pi". In math, the number Pi (pie) is 3.14 (with many other numbers following that decimal, but rounded at .14). So on March 14 (3/14) it is known as Pi Day. In honor of this month being a big math/science number month, my challenge is to set a number goal to achieve. A set number of miles you want to run, bike, walk. A number of pounds you'd like to drop. A number of pushups, situps, lunges, squats you'd like to do each day or week. 

Whatever your number goal is, try your hardest to stick to it.

My goal: to run 30 miles for the month of March.

Right now, I'm doing the plankaday challenge. Holding a plank for as long as I can, 1-2 mintues on average, each day. I try to make push ups and lunges a daily routine as well. Every little bit helps!

If you want to participate in this challenge, tag me on Twitter (@charmoon) with your goal and how you're doing. Let's use the hashtag #MarchGoal. If you are on Facebook, write on my wall with your "March Goal" or simply comment on this blog post. Let's be active this month!!

No comments: