Monday, November 5, 2012

Pizza Bites

After making turkey chili last night for dinner, decided I wasn't full enough. I mean, I did run more than 3 miles on saturday, so it was ok, right?

Came up with these little pizza bite things, as I was envisioning pizza rolls back in my high school days. Man were those good!

Pizza Bites from IG
I had some chocolate milk to go along with it. Made sense, right?

Pizza Bites

1 can biscuits (8 count)
Pepperoni slices (used 16, would use more like 32)
Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese (all I had, about 1/2 cup)
Spaghetti Sauce (about 1/2 cup)
Garlic salt to taste

In a muffin pan, spray 8 openings. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Take out each biscuit, and roll flat, until it is about 3-4 inches in diameter. The bigger, the more room you have to stuff it! Place rolled out biscuits in muffin tin, sprayed with non-stick. The order I added the ingredients: Pepperoni slices (2 each roll), cheese (about 1 tablespoon per roll), sauce (about 1-2 tablespoons per roll). The dough will puff up so next time I'd double the amount of pepperoni. 

The sauce was fine, even burst out a little while cooking but still was enough to be moist. Add more or less of what you want. Pineapple or black olives would be good! I sprinkled garlic salt on top so it was a "garlic-bread" type. After you fill the rolls, pinch to close and flip over so the opening is on the bottom of the muffin tin. Sprinkle garlic salt on top. Bake for 13-15 minutes. 

These were perfect for a post-dinner snack. Ha!

Happy Monday!

No comments: