Sunday, October 17, 2010

Chipotle Chicken Bites

I figured it has been a while since I've posted some of what I've been cooking up so here goes. I admit, I haven't been as timely to taking pictures of what I've been cooking. Work has been so busy and I just get home and cook something up and eat it and head to bed. So I'll strive to get better at that. Besides, there are a lot more delishness dishes to come this month. Mainly due to our Thanksgiving on Halloween event. My parents & brother are coming to visit on Halloween weekend and since they won't be here to do Thanksgiving and Josh and I both will be working, we are going to do Thanksgiving on Halloween.

Anyway, on to what's been cooking...



Chipotle Chicken Bites with Chipotle Mayo Dip
I guess I should start off by saying having found these won ton wrappers back a few months ago I've used them for about any use I can think of. And they are perfect! I found a recipe that talked about making phyllo dough chicken wraps or something and it used an avocado dip of some sort....but I've been dying to make this chipotle mayo dip that my good friend Ari gave to me so I botched this recipe and made my own, sweetness!

1 1/2 lb ground chicken
1 package of won ton wrappers (30) though you may not need all of them
1/2 onion chopped pretty fine
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese **optional for those lactose intolerant people :)
1 garlic clove, chopped
2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped and seeded (for more spice & fire leave some seeds in)
salt & pepper to taste

The chipotle peppers in adobo sauce can be found in the international cooking asile with pasta and mexican food, small can.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a bowl combine chicken, onion, cheese (if using it), garlic, salt & pepper, and chipotle peppers using some of the sauce in the can. Mix all together. Using the won ton wrappers add a small spoonful to the middle and fold up sides. I make it so it kind of looks like an envelope or a 4 sided pyramid?! Depending on how full you stuff them, make sure they close all the way, will depend how many wrappers you use. You can always get more wrappers or use more meat. This would probably work great using ground turkey as well. Put the bites on a greased cookie sheet and in the oven for about 15 minutes. Enjoy!

Chipotle Mayo Dip
You can add a dab of this inside the chicken bites or just use to dip with. This also goes great dipping fries, tator totes, etc. in!

Equal parts Mayo & Sour Cream (about 1/2 cup each)
2-3 chipotle peppers seeded and chopped (leave seeds in for more spice & fire)
garlic salt, about 1 tsp depending how much you like garlic
lemon juice, about 2 tablespoons worth

Combine all ingredients into a food processor and blend. Wa-la! It is kind of a make-it-as-you-go type of recipe but I absolutely love it!

This snack can be made for a game day treat, an appetizer before a big meal with friends and family or eaten as a meal itself as we've done before. It's great, not bad for you (maybe a little but you can't tell), and fills you up without filling you out!

No comments: