Tuesday, February 2, 2010

New year, New changes

So as the new year began new changes began to take place. My current student position at the Space Weather Prediction Center (SWPC) in Boulder, CO has come to an end after I graduated in December. So in order to continue as a full time government employee I needed a Weather Forecast Office (WFO) somewhere in the US to pick me up and offer me a position. Luckily I was offered a position at an office in Phoenix, AZ. So it looks like that is where we will be heading. Josh and I took a trip down to Arizona for a weekend to look around and try to get to know some of the area. It was pretty and very easy to get our bearings on where we were. Took me a little while to get used to not having mountains to my west; the "mountains" in Phoenix are much smaller mountains.Papago Park in Phoenix, AZ.

This will be a big move for both Josh and I as neither of us have ever lived in another state, moved out of state or left our families. It is an adventure though!

1 comment:

kristindewey said...

GOOD FOR YOU TWO!!!!! We better have a going away party___ALL of the FAMILY!!!!