Sunday, March 13, 2011

Easy dinner - enchiladas

Been a bit behind in posting recipes lately, as well as cooking regularly. While food hasn't been appealing to me lately...I mean not at all, I haven't been very creative in cooking. I'm getting better though and hope this morning all-day sickness is just about over (crossing fingers!). Enchiladas sounded good to me and I thought it had been a while since I made them. While searching for this one recipe I have that I remember was super easy, and then not finding it, I think part of the recipe came to me and then I followed part of another. So this is part of probably at least two recipes, but hey it turned out great!

1 8-oz soft cream cheese
1 small 8-oz container of sour cream
1 can 10-oz red enchilada sauce
7-10 tortillas
1 package shredded cheese
1-2 cans 4-oz diced green chiles

**Number of tortillas depend on how full you fill them and how much filling you want to make. This made about 7 med-large enchiladas. This would be EASILY halved to make just a single or double serving dinner.

In a large mixing bowl mix cream cheese. Tip: Let cream cheese sit out of fridge for about 10-15 minutes until it softens. Add to this the sour cream and diced green chiles. I used 1 can, and it was fairly good as far as spicy goes. Feel free to add a second can or even a can of diced jalapenos. Also add about 1/4-1/3 cup of enchilada sauce. Sprinkle in a handful of shredded cheese (about 1/4 cup or so). Warm tortillas in microwave for 20 seconds to warm so they will mold easy. Fill the tortillas with about 1/3-1/4 cup filling and add more shredded cheese if you want. Place seam side down in a casserole dish. I had to use two casserole dishes because I made extra. Top with rest of enchilada sauce and more shredded cheese. Optional: top with black olives. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes until cheese is melted and starts bubbling.


I hope you get the inspiration to cook up something easy and delicious for dinner one night this week!

No comments: