Sunday, March 27, 2011

Weekly updates & Pictures of the "Peach" now "Naval Orange"

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 15 Weeks today

Size of baby: size of a Naval Orange (and weighs 2.5oz and is 4.0 inches long :)

Total Weight Gain/Loss: zero, if anything I've lost about 5 pounds.

Maternity Clothes: Starting to wear maternity pants, mine are too tight!

Gender: We don't know and won't know until September when I'm due :)

Movement: Not yet.

Sleep: Have been sleeping pretty good, and super tired!

What I miss: Nothing really.

Cravings: Food?! I'm just hungry now, which is a GREAT feeling!

Symptoms: I {think} I'm done with morning/all-day sickness!

Labor Symptoms:Nope

Milestone: Hopefully passed morning sickness!

Best Moment this week: Had my 4th Doc appt and things are going great.

What I'm looking forward to: My belly growing!


Alright, now on to some photos to share with you all. This week I had my 4th appointment. Crazy to think that I've had 4 appointments already and still have 5 more to go by the time I'm 24 weeks. That's 9 appointments in the first 2 trimesters. I know a lot of women don't have that many appointments in their entire pregnancy. Just gotta make sure baby is doing well and staying healthy baking in there.
 
These are from my 12 week appointment and also did a NT scan/test. Tested for genetic disorders and down syndrome. I'm happy to report baby looks healthy and great and looks like we won't have any health issues as of now! The ultrasound tech said she could tell the gender with 95% accuracy at this appointment. She kindly asked me "Are you intrested in knowing the gender of the baby before I go down there?" I never thought those words would be so hard to hear or answer to. I kindly said "No thank you". But man, I had no idea they could tell this early. Josh and I have been having a lot of discussion lately about this topic and will decide later on what to do. I can say that we're 50/50 on wanting to know (ah-hem, I still don't want to know but it's killing him!). More on that later.
 
 There's that baby that now looks like a baby! Last time baby just looked like a sea monkey.
 Looking at baby's back side with the cute little bottom! Great 3D picture of baby!
 I must warn you, I was advised this is not a sign baby has "boy parts", baby's umbillical cord was in the way for the 3D picture. This isn't a for sure sign it's a boy, just a great frontal picture of baby.
Towards the end once baby settled down and wasn't bouncing around so much, baby was munching on some fingers. So cute! I was just having the best time watching baby move and stretch out. Even though I can't feel baby move yet I just knew baby was growing nicely in there.
 
Sorry for the over-usage of the word "baby" but it's just easier than saying he/she every single time. And I want to try to avoid using "it" all the time. "It" is a person not a thing and a baby is a person. To me anyway...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ohhh those are SO FUN!! Gosh we had our 3D ultrasound done at 16 weeks too - He looked just like that. I am so excited for you 2 :)

Merut said...

Don't give in!!!! Hold your ground. The baby will surprise you when it is born. Plus I bet it is tons of fun to come up with two names instead of one. I can't believe it is only the size of an orange. Pretty miraculous.