Monday, March 14, 2011

The first ultrasound & weekly highlights

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 13 Weeks 1 day
Size of baby: size of a Peach (and weighs 0.81 oz and is 2.9 inches long :)
Total Weight Gain/Loss: zero, if anything I've lost about 5 pounds.
Maternity Clothes: Not yet, but my pants are getting a bit tighter.
Gender: We don't know and won't know until September when I'm due :)
Movement: Not yet.
Sleep: Have been sleeping pretty good, except for getting up to pee!
What I miss: Being able to eat regular food that tastes good. Morning sickness sucks, but I think I'm almost done...?!
Cravings: To not have morning sickness??
Symptoms: Just morning sickness so far, and increased peeing! Oh and I smell EVERYTHING!
Labor Symptoms:Nope
Milestone: Started the 2nd trimester!
Best Moment this week: Talking to my mom about baby shower this summer.
What I'm looking forward to: Getting a belly to see that baby growing :)

Again, nothing too exciting yet just another week gone by. My all-day morning sickness has lightened up a bit so I'm hoping I'm on my way out of that. I was actually hungry Friday and Saturday, almost forgot what that felt like! Here's a picture of our first ultrasound from our first appointment back on February 9th. Sorry for the quality it is a cell phone picture of the ultrasound.
  So the baby is on the bottom of that 'blob' and here the head was on the right and the legs/butt was on the left. That tiny bubble above the body was the yolk sac. Josh is STILL convinced we're having twins, even after seeing this photo. We'll see how that turns out :)

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Happy 2nd Tri! So a beautiful picture :)

Vicki Ouellette said...

I am SOOO happy for the 2 of you! I loved being pregnant and looked really, really cute...just like you're going to! :D

Jeff and Kristin Campbell said...

Congrats you two!!

Hanna said...

Oh my gosh!! Char!!! I didn't know you were pregnant!! A million congrats!!!! Having a baby is the most important thing you will EVER do! It's such a beautiful, wonderful world you are about enter! I truly am so happy for you!!! And way to go on not finding out the sex. Milton was a surprise and the best surprise of my life!!!!