Saturday, May 7, 2011

Everybody is {Kung-fu} fighting...

This was from our 18 week ultrasound. Since then I've had another, but Josh was at this one. Things are progressing well and Baby is growing great. Still on schedule for our Sept 17th due date.


Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 21 Weeks Today
Size of baby: size of a Banana in length! (and weighs 12 oz and is 10.5 inches long :)
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Probably up to about 7-8 lbs now.
Maternity Clothes: Wearing maternity pants, and some shirts. Regular T-shirts are starting to fit weird are just about too tight to wear!
Gender: Baby Dewey is either a Girl or a Boy :)
Movement: I've been kicked! The kicks are getting more frequent since a few days ago...what a feeling! And last night was the first time I felt it on the outside :)
Sleep: Have been super tired and now starting to get uncomfortable
What I miss: Nothing really.
Cravings: Food?! I'm just hungry now.
Symptoms: None, but my hips hurt and have heartburn/indigestion.
Labor Symptoms:Nope
Milestone: No Doctor appointment this week; my regular check-up is next week.
Best Moment this week: Getting kicked! And Josh feeling it last night :)
What I'm looking forward to: My belly growing (more) and feeling MORE movement!

Last night was a pretty special night. Let's back up a bit though. So the past 2 weeks have gotten more movement in my belly. Someone is taking line dancing lessons or learning Kung-Fu. At work I notice it when I sit up straight and I can feel the kicks on my waist near where my pants come to my belly. I think Baby is upset and feels crunched - Sorry! The last few days I tend to put my hand underneath my belly, as if I were "holding" it up, and just feel the kicks on the inside. I feel like by my hand being there Baby knows I'm feeling for him/her. Then yesterday at work I did the same and man was Baby on a kicking spree. I don't notice much kicks at night before bed, I'm hoping Baby will take some sleeping habits from Daddy :)

Last night Josh and I were sitting on the couch watching some Dual Survival (love this show and Josh would be a great host of it too!) and I again felt kicks. We went downstairs as our neighbors were having a BBQ/party and wanted to say hi for a bit. I sat down and began to feel kicks as usual. I put my hand on my belly and felt the kick from the OUTSIDE. Oh man, I thought I was having gas or a hiccup but nothing came out - haha, sorry too much information! So Josh was busy talking and I smiled so big. I motioned for him to come over and just calmly said "put your hand here and just hang out for a bit". Nothing. Dangit Baby, how do you know when to be shy?! A few minutes later he left and again kicks came back. So I just had Josh put his hand back and go about his business talking. Then he looks at me "I felt it! It was right in the middle of my hand!". Oh man I could have cried, I could cry now, yeah hormones. That was so cool!


Way to go Baby Dewey, let's get those legs going!


I can't wait to keep feeling it from the outside and have my mom feel it! We get visitors next week, my Mom, Step Dad and Brother are coming out to visit us! We're pretty excited!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How fun! Just wait until he or she is so big you feel every. single. movement! so cool :)