Saturday, April 14, 2012

Potstickers Return


As I sit here with a cat on my lap who wants to cuddle, and its pre-6am on a day off, I must write. Gotta get this out and send it off. Not that I didn't try to go back to bed. But it seems that little Bean sleeps better while I'm awake??? At least this morning he is. Poor guy is teething and is doing so well. The last couple nights have been a bit rough though. Good thing I have today off. I hear a nap calling my name in the VERY near future.


Something came over me to make these. I hadn't made them in a while and it sounded good. While easy to prepare and cook/bake, it takes a while and thus as soon as they come out of the oven someone is bound to grab a few. 

Instead of steaming these like I have in the past, I baked them at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes each. Just to make sure the meat inside is cooked through.

Ingredients:

1 package wonton wrappers (or egg roll wrappers if you want bigger ones)
1 1/2 lbs ground meat (I used half turkey, half pork sausage)
1-2 tablespoons Soy Sauce to taste
Hot sauce, to taste if preferred
green onions, optional

Mix all ingredients in a bowl (except the won ton wrappers of course). Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with foil. Makes for easier clean up! Won ton wrappers: You will need a small bowl of water, this is your glue. Lay out a wrapper and put meat filling in the middle. You will see how little it takes to fill these. About an over sized spoon full. Of course, fill it fuller if you wish to have it bursting at the seams. Dip your finger in the water and run along edge of wrapper. Bring sides up to meet together and it will form a "peak" of sorts when closed. Really, all you need is to close the thing, so however you want to "design" it, go for it.

Bake for about 15 minutes and take out. Wa-la! I like to dip mine in a soy sauce - hot sauce dip. Siracha hot sauce to be exact.

Enjoy!


No comments: