Sunday, April 1, 2012

Drink Order

Happy 1st Day of April. Or April Fools day. Spring is here, still, and summer is right around the corner. At least for us here in the Southwest summer is quickly approaching. Yesterday we got up to 94 degrees, wowza! Still beautiful and not so "gross-ly" hot yet. But that is soon coming too. Right now it reminds me of summer in Colorado with warm temperatures and being outside. Which brings me to this post.


Normally my cooking and baking adventures don't include drinks. I'm not one to drink much else than water. That could be its own post right there, because I'm pretty sure there might be something wrong with me with the amount of water I drink during the day. Seriously!


We had some friends over for dinner the other night and I made a great meal and had hopes to whip up a cool, refreshing drink other than just ice tea or water. Well I forgot and didn't get to make it. So I made it a few days later. This turned out great and just came to me while I was in the produce section at the store. It is a great little refreshing drink, good for summer time events. Could probably be spiked with alcohol if you so pleased.






Cran-Apple Up

7-up (2 liter)
Cran-Apple juice 
1 orange
1 lime
1 lemon (optional) 


You could add just about any fruit combos you like and I chose the Cran-Apple juice to get some other flavors other than just cranberry and 7-up. Maximize the variety of fruit, was my goal.


The amount of 7-up and Cran-Apple juice I used was almost equal, with maybe a touch more 7-up, just to avoid it being too sweet. But start with small amounts and add more to taste. I only made 1/3 of a pitcher not knowing how it would come out. Slice 1 lime and 1 orange into slices and add slices to juice/soda mix. Then with remaining ends of fruit, squeeze juice into soda mix. Stir/swirl and chill or serve over ice. SUPER SIMPLE! This would be great at a baby shower, wedding shower, BBQ, ladies brunch/dinner, book club meeting, Thursday evening when you want to make something awesome, the possibilities are endless! 






Plus, 7-up is caffeine free so you won't be up all night and I used a little less juice so it wouldn't be so sugar-y. PLUS, all of the fruit, score!


Enjoy!



Check out my girl Hanna at {Bouffe e Bambini}

No comments: