Friday, October 5, 2012

October Challenge: Check-up

Even though it's only 5 days into this October Challenge, wanted to stop by and check in. Anyone still with me?

As we get closer to the Holidays and craziness that is the end of the year, taking time for ourselves can be tough. I know I'm learning all about this being a new mom. Can I still say I'm a new mom if my little guy is now 1 year old? Where did the time go? He's so much fun, we love it!



Anyway, back to the topic at hand. I'm one to speak about crazy schedules, working rotating hours myself, but finding time to do something for yourself is key to keep the sanity around here. Can I get an Amen?! So even just 10-15 minutes a day is HUGE people, huge. I for one cherish a shower like nobody's business!

This challenge was designed made up to do just that. Just taking a few minutes a day to do something for your body will help. And who knows, might even kick-start even better choices and more time to do other fun good-for-your-body activities. 

Day 5: so the 10+1 a day challenge is on Day 5. SO you should be at 14 reps today. Ideas: Squats, Lunges, Crunches, Jumping Jacks, Push ups...or all of the above! Or any combo. It's just a starter and an idea really. Have fun with it. And hopefully by October 31st you can do 40 reps of at least one move. WOW!

My progress: I've been mixing it up with Squats and Lunges. I need to keep up the push-ups as I've forgot about those.

On another note, I'm pretty proud of how I've come to eat so well. I have always considered myself to be a pretty healthy eater but since having a baby, and really in the last 9-10 months I've gotten really healthy with my eating. I basically, unknowingly, follow a Paleo/Vegetarian diet I'd say 85% of the time. Now there aren't any underlying reasons why I'm strict about these diet approaches, because I'm not, the food choices and varieties just appeal to me and are easy to eat. I'm not picky and am always up for trying new and different foods. And our meals at home that I make aren't super "weird" either. We still have meatloaf, spaghetii, tuna noodle casserole, hamburgers/turkey burgers, to name a few. I find my breakfast, lunch and some dinner choices are just more healthy. With my work schedule there are a number of days each week that we don't get to eat dinner together, and other meals, so making my own quick, easy to pack meals are..well...easy for me.

Another Instagram photo: New FitFluential tank top from ViewSport. Working out :)

Not sure any of that made sense? But oh well. I can tell things are working, so whatever I'm doing is working. I feel good. 

Motivation to everyone. Keep up the good work! Happy Weekend friends :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flashback Friday: From nearly 2 years ago, we carved Pumpkins and had some Pumpkin beer. Halloween wasn't cold here, still 90 degrees.

No comments: