Thursday, April 29, 2010

Brown Rice with Stir Fry Veggies

Decided to throw some stuff together to take for dinner at work. I just had this stuff around the house and thought it sounded good. I'm really on a veggie crave right now! I've found that I really like brown rice; its got some texture to it compared to white rice but its just as good. Not a huge flavor difference from white rice, which I love and could eat everyday!

Brown Rice with Stir Fry Veggies
I used our rice steamer (a wedding gift!) to steam about 2 cups of brown rice. While that was cooking I put about 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil in a skillet and about 2 cloves of garlic (all I had) and heated it up. I added some fresh Asparagus cut in half, about 6 rods worth, half of a yellow Bell Pepper diced up, and one whole small Zucchini sliced in 1/4 - 1/8 inch thich slices. Sauteed or stir fry, whatever you like to call it, I did this until the Zucchini and Bell Peppers were soft. I should have done it longer and cut the Asparagus up more because they didn't turn out as soft as I'd hoped. Wa-la! You can mix the rice and veggies or eat them separate. I like to use a little Soy Sauce on the rice as well. Dinner in about 15 min!


I've been mixing this Siracha Hot Sauce (the one with the chinese writing & the chicken on it!) with Soy Sauce and it's a wonderful sauce! I really like spicy foods/sauces so this is a way to add some spice but only as much as you want!

No comments: