Friday, July 2, 2010

Here Comes The Sun



Images that are not mine were found here

Phoenix has had a high temperature of 114 for two days in a row. The overnight low temperature today was 90 degrees. Yep I said 90. When I left work last night at 10:15pm it was still 105 degrees. Don't get me wrong, I love the warm weather. I love the fact that you can be outside and it is nice and warm. But at 10 o'clock at night? Wow that was crazy. We've had dewpoints in the mid to upper 50s for the last few days, inching up the moisture in the atmosphere. Looks like Monsoon season is fully underway. We've seen some very nice looking thunderstorm clouds off in the East, on radar, satellite and outside, and have even seen a drastic improvement of clouds in the sky since we've moved here! It has been nice to see the clouds. The wind: hasn't blown much at all. Now and then, yes there is a breeze and we may get gusts up to 25 for a period of time during a day but not very often. And when it does blow, I'm not kidding when I say it is like a blow dryer.

So far, I've experienced my hottest temperature, 114 degrees. I went outside yesterday to actually feel what it felt like. It stung! I could almost feel it in my eyes. It wasn't instant sweat, but very warm. Like when you open the oven to check on dinner and that wave of heat hits your face. Only it wasn't a wave, it was constant. When I left work and it was 105 degrees, that felt like when you are trying to sleep on a summer's night and you don't have a fan in your room and no matter what you do you can't cool down. Only that was outside.
Image not mine but found here
I'm bracing myself for the rest of the summer. Though, I'm not too worried. I do have some luck, not having to work outside. Nonetheless, still excited in a sort of sick way to see how hot it will get here. And even more excited to see some thunderstorms, dust storms and lightning.

1 comment:

Kim Insana said...

OMG the whole being hot when its 10 pm drove me nuts for the short time I was there!...Well I will be out in less then two weeks so I get to see some of those clouds! There weren't any when I was there! Love you miss you.