Saturday, April 23, 2011

It's Mango Time!

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 19 Weeks Today
Size of baby: size of a Mango (and weighs 8.5 oz and is 6.0 inches long :)
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Officially from the Doctor on Wednesday: gained 6 lbs.
Maternity Clothes: Wearing maternity pants, and some shirts.
Gender: Baby Dewey is either a Girl or a Boy :)
Movement: I've had a few more "popcorn" or "flutter" feelings...
Sleep: Have been super tired and now starting to get uncomfortable
What I miss: Nothing really.
Cravings: Food?! I'm just hungry now. And have been on a grilled cheese kick this week.
Symptoms: None, just finding a comfortable sleeping position.
Labor Symptoms:Nope
Milestone: Had 2 Doctor appointments this week; my regular Wednesday check-up and on Monday we had our big 2nd Trimester Ultrasound check-up.
Best Moment this week: Seeing Baby on the ultrasound :)
What I'm looking forward to: My belly growing and feeling movement!

Amazing to me that Baby weighs half a pound already! It's no wonder I'm gaining weight! I've been on a food kick, particularly wanting hamburgers still, caved in to the grilled cheese, had ice cream on Monday after our appt. I read that some of these cravings actually mean something. Hamburgers = likely need more iron or protein. Good to know! Grilled cheese = dairy. Which I know I need a lot of, being lactose intolerant. Though I haven't had much problem with that being pregnant, thanks Baby!

After our big ultra sound on Monday I was feeling pretty out of it. She had to push REALLY HARD to get a good look at Baby's heart and brain development. Baby was just facing away, toward my spine, and just didn't want to be bothered. So after over an hour of being poked and prodded, I just wanted to go home and go to bed. I was pretty sore! It was good to see Baby again.

On Wednesday, my bi-weekly appointment, I got to hear baby's heartbeat again and it was a good appointment. Got some news that I need to be resting more and off my feet and not lifting more than 10 lbs. Just precautions to keep Baby healthy and safe and keep me healthy, since I'm higher risk, and keep Baby inside growing good. Looks like Joshy will be doing a lot more around the house from now on, sorry babe!

I've been reading in my pregnancy by week book (not the official title of the book) and I love reading it. It is so fun to read and see what my body is going through and how Baby is growing and developing. I read that Baby can now hear sounds and begin to recognize voices. So I've been talking to my belly and Baby a lot more. I hope Baby likes that! I just talk about random stuff and ask if he/she is sleeping and what he/she is doing in there. Kinda fun! I poke around a little just to see if I can get Baby to move around a little and if I can feel it.

No comments: