Sunday, July 10, 2011

CountDOWN in single digit WEEKS!

What a milestone today is...30 weeks. Now begins the countdown, literally count DOWN, in weeks as we approach single digits of weeks left. I think just saying that out loud gets me more excited than anything. While this entire pregnancy I've been thinking about my body and how it has changed and how it will change, and preparing for this new person that will be with us soon enough, I may have forgotten to really sit back and think how exciting it all will be to be a MOTHER. Don't get me wrong, I have known this all along, I have just taken it for granted and it has been in the back of my mind. 
While parts of labor and raising a child is scary to think about; being responsible for another person - yikes! It is also exciting. I'm excited to have someone that is a PART of ME and Josh. We created this person through the love we have for one another. WOW! 
Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 30 Weeks Today (10 weeks to go to due date!)
Size of baby: size of a head of Cabbage (and weighs 3 lbs  and is 15.8 inches long)
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Since last Dr. appt: 16 lbs.
Maternity Clothes: Wearing maternity pants and shirts. Regular T-shirts are starting to fit weird are just about too tight to wear!
Gender: Baby Dewey is either a Girl or a Boy :)
Movement: I've been kicked and can feel hiccups! Now I can start feeling when Baby is changing positions. And the kicking downward is uncomfortable!! Noticing movements up high but can't tell what body parts are what yet.
Sleep: Starting to wake up throughout the night
What I miss: Nothing really...my regular clothes?!
Cravings: Food?!
Symptoms: None, have some heartburn/indigestion, hiccups for both baby and me. Can now tolerate dairy?!
Labor Symptoms: Nothing yet really.
Milestone: Doctor appointment on June 15th marked my last "every-two-week-appts".
Best Moment this week: Baby woke me up in the middle of the night (2am) to move around and kick and hiccup. Practice for later?!
What I'm looking forward to: My belly growing (more) and feeling MORE and constant movement AND the short time until I can meet Baby!


My goals for the next couple weeks:
  • reduce stress BIGTIME!
  • relax & light exercise
  • wash clothes, blankets & get Baby's room in order
  • install carseat in the car
  • take birthing classes
  • take a tour of the hospital, scheduled right now for this Tuesday!
  • go on more dates & evenings out with the Hubs
  • narrow down a name for our Baby!?!?
Sorry no picture for today's post. I was lazy. That's it, just lazy. I'll post some more this week :)

    No comments: