Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Thirties Are Here!

This week went by really fast. I know the next couple weeks are going to continue to fly by, just until the last minute when it will go so slow and I'll want this baby out! My sister (in law) Steph is due with her second baby TODAY! We're thinking good baby thoughts for her and hoping this baby doesn't take his time coming out. We're so excited!
 
Ok, ok, I know, no photo again. I will post some tomorrow, pinky promise. I just came off working overnights and my day today was all over the place. Spent some good time catching up with phone calls to family :) Pinky promise, belly pictures!
 
Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 31 Weeks Today (9 weeks to go to due date!)
Size of baby: size of a squash or 4 large naval oranges (and weighs 3.3 lbs and is 16 inches long)
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Officially 20 lbs, yikes!
Maternity Clothes: Wearing maternity pants and shirts. Regular T-shirts are starting to fit weird are just about too tight to wear!
Gender: Baby Dewey is either a Girl or a Boy :)
Movement: I've been kicked and can feel hiccups! Now I can start feeling when Baby is changing positions. And the kicking downward is uncomfortable!! Noticing movements up high but can't tell what body parts are what yet.
Sleep: Starting to get less and less sleep
What I miss: Nothing really...my regular clothes?!
Cravings: Food?! Been on a peanut butter kick this week...but whats new?!
Symptoms: Have some heartburn/indigestion, hiccups for both baby and me. Can now tolerate dairy?! And some swelling in the feet.
Labor Symptoms: Had my first braxton hicks (?) contraction!
Milestone: Had another doctor appt this week, back to every 2 weeks
Best Moment this week: I felt baby make a full body shift multiple times through the night! 
What I'm looking forward to: My belly growing (more) and feeling MORE and constant movement AND the short time until I can meet Baby!

Well this week I had another doctor appointment, just a regular check up. I'm back to going every 2 weeks to get checked out. I guess normally by week 36 (?) is when people start going every 2 weeks or so, but I'm starting early since I was a bit higher risk. No problem for me, gives me something to look forward to!

Yep, I've officially gained 20 lbs. Ugh. I know it's really not that much, and most of it is the belly, baby, water, and all that jazz inside. I still feel pretty (most days) and know I'm not a huge cow...yet. Just kind of a shock to see that number. Oh well, here's to a healthy baby. That's what I'm telling myself about some of the...shhh...stretch marks...shhh...I'll be just fine. None of this will matter as soon as that baby is here. Ya know why? Cause I'm a MOM! :)



2 comments:

Merut said...

Uh oh! Did you just reveal baby Dewey's sex? Check the second to last sentence in the first paragraph. It is somewhat unclear whether you are referring to Baby Dewey or your sister-in-law's baby!

Merut said...

Nevermind. I am pretty sure you are referring to her baby.