Saturday, July 30, 2011

Magic number 33


This was a fun little thing to put together of the progress of my belly through 31 weeks, which was July 16. I realize I'm very behind in pictures. I will be taking one today, 33 weeks. I've had some personal family matters come about and been busy with work and overall just had very little energy. Excuses, excuses I know. 

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 33 Weeks Today (7 weeks to go to due date!)
Size of baby: size of a Honeydew! (and weighs 4.2 lbs and is 17 inches long)
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Officially 20 lbs, yikes!
Maternity Clothes: Wearing maternity pants and shirts. Regular T-shirts are starting to fit weird are just about too tight to wear!
Gender: Baby Dewey is either a Girl or a Boy :)
Movement: Kicking & hiccups! Now I can start feeling when Baby is changing positions. And the kicking downward is uncomfortable!! Head is down.
Sleep: Starting to get less and less sleep, but still tired.
What I miss: Nothing really...my regular clothes?! Being able to bend over?!
Cravings: Food?! Fruit & Veggies...and cookies.
Symptoms: Have some heartburn/indigestion, hiccups for both baby and me. Can now tolerate dairy?! And some swelling in the feet. :(
Labor Symptoms: Had my first braxton hicks (?) contractions last week.
Milestone: Another doctor appt this week, back to every 2 weeks
Best Moment this week: I felt baby make a full body shift multiple times through the night. And the head banging downward is...awkward.
What I'm looking forward to: My belly growing (more)...though not sure how much bigger it can get...and to meet baby!

 I think I'm officially waddling, though that may be my perception. I know going down stairs I definitely have a waddle to my step. I'm a lot slower when walking, or generally getting ready. Baby's movements are draining the energy out of me. We share hiccup sessions each day together, though mine feel like they hurt more than Baby's. We push each other back and forth when Baby pushes out my belly button (ouch) and when Baby sticks their butt out. Maybe we're giving each other a high five?!


Still have to get Baby's room ready and wash all the clothes and set things up. Have a few other things we need to do before the arrival. Seems like time is just flying by right now...of course don't hold me to that quote once I'm a week away :)


Overall, things are good and have been good. I think this has been a great pregnancy, minus the morning sickness and now some uncomfortableness, it has been great. I'm pretty lucky I know :)

No comments: