Thursday, March 22, 2012

Little Bean is 6 months old!

Hard to believe my little guy is 6 months old. It seems like time has just flown by. On the other hand, if I sit and think hard about those first few weeks and how long it seemed, it seems like he should be older than 6 months.
Birth Day


2 weeks old with my Uncle Jimmy Bear :)




What he's learned in these 6 months amazes me. What I've learned also amazes me. Learning how to eat, sleep, burp, roll over, hold your head up, sit up, laugh, smile, grab toys, scratch my face, chew on your fingers, splash in the bathtub, giggle, eat with a spoon, pick things up...and for me to learn how to do all these things and more while juggling a child is an accomplishment for sure. Life with a little one changes in so many ways, of course all good, but definite change.


Some nick names we & people have come up with: Little Bean, jack-jack, JJ, Jax
1st Halloween

Nevermind the lack of sleep here for me!

2 months old & loving it!






I don't have weight and height stats since his appointment is next week, but here are some other fun facts:
He holds on to his toes/feet all the time
He likes Sweet Potatoes and Avocado
He sleeps 8-10 hours pretty consistently, this has
been the pattern since about 3 months
He can sit up 95% of the way, still teeters a bit
He rolls from his back to his tummy and tries to go back to his back
He wiggles and turns but no crawling yet
He talks and says "da-da" and "daaaa-dooooh"
He's teething, I can see the whites of the bottom two teeth
He grabs and holds on to toys and teething rings
He can put his Soothie in his mouth all by himself (I can't call it binky)
He squeals and laughs a lot!
He tries to stand, or at least uses his legs
He's wearing 6 month clothes, odd to be right on schedule?!
Still in size 2 diapers

Hair is still light brown with some red tint
Eyes are brownish
We've had our first fever, cough, stuffy nose, runny nose

I'm going to be doing some better "professional-like" pictures for his 6 month but will have to do it on my day off :)

Newest toy: A saucer. He loves it! He can bounce and stand and run all by him self. He also loves his bumbo seat, though his legs are starting to get a bit too chubby to fit in it.





Here are a few pictures from the last few weeks. Our outing to the Aloha Festival in Tempe and then our first Spring Training baseball game, Rockies vs. Dodgers on St. Patrick's Day.









Have I mentioned how much I love this little guy!? He has such a personality and facial expressions oh my gosh. Hard to tell who he looks more like...Josh or me? I see a lot of my brother in him. 

No comments: