Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Challenge: Accepted Part 2

Remember Juneathon? Do you MISS Juneathon? If your answer was yes, then come with me! 
My fancy pink compression socks from ProCompression which are amazing to help with circulation!

I was challenged/asked to start another challenge by a friend for this month. 
Augustathon?! 


Why not?! A month long challenge to keep yourself accountable and keep yourself motivated to exercise or workout each day. Whether it is a 10 mile run to start your day, or 15 push ups before bed, anything will do, so long as you are being active. Watching TV while flexing your ab muscles doesn't count, sorry.
My awesome post-run "red face". It was 100+ degrees outside!


I like to set my own standard of 30 minutes each day (minimum). I will do my best to blog about each day, though it may be a week re-cap. My schedule & family life is a bit busy so blogging isn't a top priority, sorry! I'm on a computer all day at work so when I get home I enjoy not staring at a screen any longer unless I need to (bills). 


Want to join in? All you have to do is BE ACTIVE! You can comment on my posts for what you've done or blog about what you've done. If you need to write it down, then do it. Setting goals is fun, it makes you work hard toward that goal and it is something to look forward to. It isn't fun when you start thinking you HAVE to workout and you aren't getting anything out of it. Set a goal that is reasonable. Like 30 minutes a day, or 10 push ups or crunches or lunges or jumping jacks or a walk around the block. Then increase it slowly. 

Maybe your goal is to do 50 push ups a week. Or 2 sets of lunges each day. Or to run 5 miles a week. Or to walk 5 miles a week. Set some sort of goal for yourself. In June I set a goal of running/biking 100 miles by the end of June. That's not a bad goal. I was close, I got to just over 60 miles. So maybe a stretch. SO this time, my goal is to get past 60 miles by the end of August. Pretty reasonable.


So here we go:


Augustathon Day 1:


Type: Running
Time: 30 minutes
Distance: 2.6 miles
Cals: 350


Total Augustathon: 2.6 miles


Hope you don't get bored! Thanks for reading along.

1 comment:

Tinyfirecracker said...

OK...I will set a goal and join in Augustathon! Think about the half marathon relay in January...we would make a great team!