Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Chicadee China, The Chinese...Cabbage?!

Officially in the 3rd trimester already...WOW! Can't believe it. Only 12 weeks to go? 3 short months? Time has been flying by ever since the nausea stopped, which I'm thankful for! 83 short days left...holy moly!


Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 28 Weeks on Saturday
Size of baby: size of a Chinese Cabbage?! (and weighs 2lbs 6oz and is 14.8 inches long)
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Since last Dr. appt: 16 lbs.
Maternity Clothes: Wearing maternity pants and shirts. Regular T-shirts are starting to fit weird are just about too tight to wear!
Gender: Baby Dewey is either a Girl or a Boy :)
Movement: I've been kicked and can feel hiccups! Now I can start feeling when Baby is changing positions. And the kicking downward is uncomfortable!!
Sleep: Have been very tired and now starting to get uncomfortable
What I miss: Nothing really...my regular clothes?!
Cravings: Food?! I'm just hungry now.
Symptoms: None, have some heartburn/indigestion, hiccups for both baby and me. Can now tolerate dairy?!
Labor Symptoms: Might be starting to have Braxton-Hicks ?!
Milestone: Doctor appointment on June 15th marked my last "every-two-week-appts".
Best Moment this week: Baby kicked Josh in the head when Josh was talking to my belly :)
What I'm looking forward to: My belly growing (more) and feeling MORE and constant movement!

Looking back at this post about the progression of my belly pictures, I got a lot of responses. Thanks everyone! I had fun with it and am loving taking pictures of my belly. Though, I have forgotten a few times, and am trying to get better, it happens that most of my pictures are on my phone and taken in the bathroom. I guess next time I'll have to have a designated place and someone else to take my photos :) I'm trying to stay in the same position so each time I can see the progression. I love seeing it grow! 

In the last 2 weeks I have noticed how much heavier my belly has gotten and have, sadly, had my hands and feet swell a little bit (and...shhh...a few stretch marks!). Which now requires me to wear my wedding ring around my neck on a necklace. Takes some getting used to by not wearing it every day but I still have it with me. The swelling and shh..stretch marks...will all be worth it though!


In other news, staying cool (or trying to!) in Phoenix as we're well into the double digits in the 100's. Yes, daily highs above 110. Joy. Our overnight low temperatures have been in the 80's, and upper 80's at that. That is right, we "cool" down to around 84 degrees overnight. Lovely. Welcome to the desert!

No comments: