Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Makes your mouth water

Wanted to include some pictures from some of the amazing meals I've cooked lately. Really been in the cooking mood and really craving these great asian dumplings/pot stickers. I almost can't make them fast enough I just want to eat them! The problem might be that our steamer only holds 3 at a time. Speaking of the steamer, I absolutely love it! I've found myself making steamed rice 5-6 times a week. This could be bad to eat this much rice, but who cares it's great! I for one love steamed rice. And I've taken different angles on it too. I've make fried rice with broccoli and zucchini and yellow bell peppers. I love veggies!

Wa-la! The fried rice using brown rice. Very tasty! With veggies.


Our wonderful rice cooker!
Also Will include a couple pictures from the previous post I did with this Tangy Turkey Meatball recipe. It was very yummy and made a great meal, or would be a great appetizer!


Last night I made asian pot stickers/dumplings with a recipe I have in my Ultimate Rice Cooker Cookbook. I made these previous about a month ago. And man oh man were they good! I needed to use up some of the wonton wrappers I had and just craved them. I'll find the recipe and post it here very soon!
Last night I made the pot stickers with ground beef, onion, ginger and lemon with a hint of garlic. I had more beef than I did wrappers so I used the rest and made the meatballs. I sauteed some veggies (zucchini, yellow bell pepper and some onion) in olive oil and served it all with some of the dumpling sauce I very much love! The sauce consists of:
Soy Sauce
Siracha Hot Sauce
Splash of Apple Cider Vinegar

Yum! Can't wait to cook up some more goodies. Looking forward to making some great Chewy Chocolate Drops with a recipe my Aunt Sandi just gave me. Sounds good to me!

Have a wonderful week all!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What would you say to making this at our place? :-) It looks yummy!

Char said...

It was very yummy! You buy the ticket and I'll be right over:)