Monday, August 16, 2010

Homemade BBQ Chicken Pizza

I have tried my hand at making homemade dough, back when I made the ravioli's and that took forever! So I have been hesitant about making anything else homemade-dough wise thinking it will take some time. I've made french bread pizza which has turned out good but is mostly bread with some toppings, so I guess it's about time I try some dough. I know they make pre-packaged dough mixtures in the grocery store but I found this super easy recipe to make pizza dough without using yeast! I don't know that I am up for the challenge of doing yeast just yet, so this is much easier and tastes great!! Tastes just like the pro's make it!

Pizza Dough
2 cup flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup milk
6 tablespoon olive oil

Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl combine all ingredients stirring well until dough forms. Knead by hand in the bowl; I found I could pick the whole thing up and knead in my hands. Press dough into oiled baking sheet; I used a 13x9 inch cake pan so the crust would be thicker. Sprinkle with toppings and back for about 30 minutes until crust is golden brown.

Before putting in the oven I took about 2 small chicken breasts and cooked them in olive oil in a separate pan until cooked through. While still warm, I diced/sliced the chicken into strips, the chicken was falling apart and able to be pulled apart, and put in a bowl with some BBQ sauce to marinade for about 10 minutes. I used the same BBQ sauce to top the dough with for the sauce for the pizza. Then I added mozzerella cheese, green bell pepper (about half a bell pepper sliced), black olives (a handful sliced) and the chicken. You can top whatever you want on top of the pizza, these were just some ingredients I had around.

No comments: