Friday, June 22, 2012

I drink like a fish (Day 21)


Daily progress on the Juneathon challenge. If you want to know more about the challenge, check out the Juneathon page.


Day 21:


Type: Bike Ride
Duration: 30 min
Distance: 6.7 miles
Calories: 140 (that sounds a bit off)
Juneathon total: 48.44 miles


Only 52 miles to go and 9 days left!


Post workout pose. 
Don't judge my post-workout attire. It was a great workout. Yes, we write love notes on our bathroom mirror to each other. My sparkle head band is from Bic Bands. They rock and don't slip on your hair or hurt your head. I'm thinking I need a few more. 

Dinner loaded with carbs for a good workout. 

I'm a spaghetii LOVER. And yes, this may not TECHNICALLY be spaghetii with bow tie pasta, but it's the same thing. Pasta, sauce, homemade turkey meatballs and homemade garlic-parm bread. Carbs anyone??


I finished with a tall glass of Strawberry Lemonade Nuun. And of course 2 liters of water. I'm a fish honestly. 


Speaking of how much water you should drink, funny you should ask.



Go here to use the Hydration Calculator


Daily Hydration Calculator Results (My quiz results)

A person who is my weight
and is exercising for average 45 minutes ,
is not pregnant,
is not breastfeeding,
does not live at a high altitude,
lives in a dry climate,
when the weather is very hot or very cold, (**Um, Arizona is VERY HOT!)
and is not sick with fever or diarrhea should have:
129 ounces of water today, or 3.9 liters.
Ok, so that is a rough estimate of how much water you should drink each day based on some questions about your daily life. According to this I should drink about 4 liters of water a day. That is roughly 4 nalgene's full of water. I'm right on track, as I usually drink about 4-6 a day. I've always thought of myself as drinking WAY too much water, but it can't hurt you. Unless of course you drink WAY too much, but I'm not close to that. Moderation. Stay hydrated! Have I mentioned it is the desert out here?!
Happy Weekend everyone!


No comments: